Monday, April 15, 2019

My First Boston-niversary

Ah! Boston! I have been reading the interwebs & it seems that on Boston Marathon day, all running bloggers and/or social media runners are REQUIRED BY CUSTOM to post Boston Marathon related photos if they have them. #tbm #orsomething

This is the first Marathon Monday that I've had anything to contribute so please enjoy some of the insanity if you missed it the first time around (or even if you didn't):


It was about 40F & howling wind & for all these pictures I would basically dump my coat, scarf, & bags of Boston Marathon crap & yell at Don TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE THE EFFING PICTURE NOW OMG & then frantically grab my coat again


(L) I waited in line like half an hour to take this photo like a chump (but at the same time would probably do it again); also pro tip check your race shirt for wayward tags before snapping cool photos to put on the internet. (R) Ah, youth. Such hope. Such enthusiasm. Such...lack of moisture


Cold reality sets in and by "cold" I mean 38F, yes that is snow


EFF U WEATHER OPTIMIZM!!!!


(L) "It's just a bloody leg from all the chafing, oh and plus all the bloody chafing under the jacket, no big deal, this is TOTALLY FINE." (R) "WELP I'm covered in orange Gu puke but it's the Boston Marathon finish line, so I guess I should, like, do something?? WHAT DO COOL PEOPLE DO?!?!?! Cool, time-honored double fist pump it is."


(L) People were like "Were you just so happy" and I was like "FUCK NO I was freezing my ass off, no one would tell me where the ponchos were, and I was missing roughly 25% of the skin under that jacket." (R) Feeling at least a little better post-hypothermia & -screaming in the shower & bandaging up all the missing skin, GOOD TIMES!

But seriously, I have been enjoying scrolling through Instagram & Facebook today (or yesterday, depending on when you read this) & hearing all about the races of friends & other folks I follow on the social mediaz. You are all rock stars, way to handle that rain, and I hope someone very quickly directed you to the ponchos!

1 comment:

  1. Man, those pictures are so crazy from last year. This year was...nothing like that. It was fine. The end.

    ReplyDelete