Monday, April 30, 2018

Race Report Spoilers: BOSTON 2 BIG SUR COMPLETE!

So, again, just thought I'd post a quick little check-in so that no one dies of suspense. I finished Big Sur! (And with only a little sobbing at the end.)

Definitely my slowest marathon ever (except for Oakland which I ran as a long run) for probably obvious reasons, but not abominable, and I actually felt really good & strong all the way to the end.

I have a ton more to say about this entire experience, once I finally have the time to sit down & write something. Which, given that I'm now planning on a good, long break from even remotely training for anything, might be something that actually happens over the next few weeks.

(Er, once I get out of bed. The Big Sur course is absolutely gorgeous, but man, it really beats the ever-loving SHIT out of you. :/ )

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on both marathons! I think it's okay if Big Sur is your slowest marathon ever, I've heard the course is beautiful and besides, you just ran Boston- your goal was to complete the challenge and finish healthy and in one piece, not necessarily to PR. But you EARNED both of those medals!

    I hope you have a great recovery, can't wait to read about Big Sur. I had some friends run that and do that challenge, and it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete