Sunday, April 22, 2018

Race Report Spoilers: I MADE IT, GUYS!!!

So apparently a few people not on my social mediaz started getting really worried that a Boston race report was taking me so long & getting worried that maybe things went really really terribly. And let me just say for the record that yes, OMG, IT WAS TERRIBLE!

HOWEVER, it was *not* as terrible as it possibly could have been. The weather was a mess, 2500 runners left or were pulled off the course with hypothermia symptoms, including 25 elites, & something like 80 people were hospitalized, so honestly, I can't feel anything but incredibly lucky to have been able to finish & only suffered mild hypothermia after the race.

I have a ton more to say & will most definitely be writing a few different posts about it, but as we spent the rest of the week gallivanting around NYC eating & drinking all the things, not much has gotten done on that front yet.

In the mean time, though, if you need some proof....

(A friend also sent me this, which I have to say I am contemplating even though I'm not shopping this year. I didn't buy the overpriced ugly-ass jacket but this T-shirt may be just what I need to fully memorialize the experience.)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats again!

    You need that shirt. It's not a shopping for the sake of shopping issue. It's one of those rare opportunities where you can mindfully purchase something meaningful to commemorate a very unique occasion and experience that the universe presented to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shirt. I think you should go for it. If you're too cheap to buy, get some of that transfer paper from a craft store, buy a shirt yourself, and make your own graphic (yes, my friend did this once to have a custom race shirt).

    Congrats on Boston! I can't wait to read your recap but I know you're busy. I saw the finish pictures and knew you finished and were alive. I'm not sure why anyone is so anxious for a recap- I mean it is just blogging and we all have real lives!

    ReplyDelete