Tuesday, December 13, 2022

On the Upswing, Fingers Crossed!

Where did we leave off friends? Ah yes, with dipping my toe back into pain-free running with a 12-mile week between 11/28 and 12/4!

Still taking things pretty easy and being cautious with my various finicky body parts, but dare I say it was a pretty solid week for the first time in a looooong time:


 ~*~*~ Week of 12/5-12/11 ~*~*~

Grand Total: 28.6 miles

    * 23 easy
    * 2 speed
    * 3.6 race

Monday 12/5: 2 warm up, 2 x (1:00 fast/1:00 jog), 2 cool down = 6 total. By and large this has been my speedwork 101 workout when just dipping my toe back into fast running after time off or a base phase (either that or 200m/200m repeats).

Tuesday 12/6: 3 easy + 1 hour strength. Just my usual jog to & from the gym.

Wednesday 12/7: 4 easy

Thursday 12/8: Rest. In the spirit of being cautious & not doing too much too soon (and trying to be reasonably fresh & rested for Saturday), I took Thursday as a rest day.

Friday 12/9: 4 easy. This was the day I went to jog the course in my new bargain basement spikes.

Saturday 12/10: 2 warm-up + 3.6 race! Race report on this windy, soggy, wet-n-wild day here.

9th place in for WVTC masters women in Saturday's USATF Club Cross Country Championships! So glad I was healthy enough to just participate.

Sunday 12/11: 6 easy. I kept the mileage on Saturday pretty low on Sunday (no cool down or anything) so I'd be able to do a little easy recovery running on Sunday. I was a bit sore and tired but still felt generally good.


Monday rest day, then back to some easy miles plus a bit of speed work probably to do what I can before Christmas Relays next Sunday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment