Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Training Log: 3 Weeks to Stow Lake Stampede 5K

 I think one of the ways you know that you didn't *really* ask as much of your body as you could have in a race is that you feel pretty much fine the day or two after. For example, I didn't feel like I pushed myself at Oakland Half all that hard, but OMG I felt like an utter train wreck for the 2-3 days after. 

On the other hand, even though I felt like I ran the 8K as hard as I was capable of at the time, I felt basically normal a few hours after the race. Which is all to say, this week was supposed to be a little easier to give me some recovery time, but I didn't really feel like I needed it. 

My first (and only) actual workout of the week was Sunday, 14 miles with two 3-mile stretches at half marathon-ish pace. I felt so good on this run; the acceptable pace was anything between 7:35 & 7:55 and I had to keep slowing myself down the whole time. Even so I think most of the miles were 7:30ish and I felt like I could have run that pace forever (but probably not haha).  Even on the cool down, where I really was running at what felt like a very easy effort, my splits were in the eights, which is unusual. How do I channel these great workouts into race day?? 🤣🤣

 

 ~*~*~3 Weeks to Stow Lake Stampede 5K~*~*~

Grand Total: 36 miles
    * 29.25 easy
    * 6 tempo/threshold
    * .75 speed

Monday 4/25: Rest

Tuesday 4/26: 1 hour strength + 6 easy

Wednesday 4/27: 6 easy

Thursday 4/28: 4 easy + 1 hour strength

Friday 4/29: 6 easy w/ 4 x 0:30 surges

Saturday 4/30: Rest

Sunday 5/1: 3 warm up, 2 x (3 @ HM pace, 1/2 mile jog), 3.5 cool down = 14 total

No comments:

Post a Comment