Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week in Review: May 1 - 6

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

M-A Big Bear Run 5K Race Week!!

2 Weeks To Windsor Green Half Marathon

Grand Total: 40.25 miles

* 32.8 easy
* 4.2 speed/intervals
* 3.25 race

Any week when I run 40+ miles is a good week. Also, any week when I run a PR is a stellar week. So let's focus on those things.

Monday: 8 easy. Nothing really remarkable to say about this run; it was fine.

Tuesday: 2 wu + 3 x 1.4 @ 10K pace + 1.8 cd = 8. 7:16, 7:14, 7:10 for the intervals (pace), which is okay but not super consistent. It really should've been four intervals & a shorter cool down but I was having some red flag sort of shin splint pain in my left leg & I am not trying to have another injury scare before a race. So three it was.

Wednesday: 8 easy. One of those easy days that isn't. My legs were still tired from Tuesday's track session, plus I'd had a long day & was just tired in general. Tired legs => poor form => complain-ey shins/ankle/feet. I was just glad to put this one in the books.

Thursday: Rest

Friday: 6 easy with hill pickups.

Saturday: 6 easy. Just an easy pre-race shakeout run.

Sunday: 1 wu + 3.25(???)ish race = 4.25. Big Bear Run 5K! Lots of fun & a great race. (Race report here.)

Fortunately, there's not much else to say about this week because I am ZONKED. Early bedtime for me tonight, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have specific goals for your 5K? I think 5Ks hurt more than anything so just finishing for me is my goal, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually yes! Hopefully I'll get the race report up soon so you can read all about it. :)

      Delete