Monday, May 21, 2012

Week in Review: May 14 - 20

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

Freakin' RACE WEEK!!!

Grand Total: 27.3 miles

* 12.7 easy
* 1.5 speed / intervals
* 13.1 race


Monday: Karate + strength work

Tuesday: 2 wu + 6 x 400m @ 10K pace + 2 easy. Just some race week turnover drills and a few easy miles. Still a bit tired.

Wednesday: 3.7 easy + karate & strength work. Originally I was going to just make this a non-running day, but then I thought, "Ah, what the hell. One loop of GG Park East won't kill me." And it didn't, but my Achilles' tendon areas (between my heel & calf) were super tight & painful again. I figured it was best to just finish the loop rather than round up, which I like to do because I am OCD that way.

Thursday: 2 wu + 3 @ HM pace + 1 cd 4 easy. Asthma. Bad Achilles pain again. Right heel pain. Left forefoot pain. Horrific headwind in every direction pelting me with rocks & scrap metal. I could hear the injury fairy whispering into my ear, "Just give me an excuse." Since there was no way pushing through this one run was going to make me faster on Sunday, I did 2 easy miles out & 2 easy miles back and was more than happy to call it done.

Friday: 2 wu + 3 x 400m @ 5K pace + 1.25 easy Nope. I decided after Thursday that the universe was trying to tell me to rest my legs until Sunday & not tempt fate. Unless Bart Yasso himself called me up & told me that those three 400m repeats were going to make me race faster Sunday, my ass was parked on the couch.

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: 1 wu + 13.1 race. On Sunday I ran a half marathon. It was kind of exciting. You should read about it. :)

2 comments: