Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Training Log: Oakland Running Festival Race Week!

My last week of training before the Oakland Running Festival Half Marathon (which is what I ended up running!).

~*~*~Oakland Running Festival Race Week~*~*~

Grand Total: 37.6 miles

    * 22 easy
    * 2.5 speed
    * 13.1 race

Monday 3/14: Rest. I've officially moved my gym sessions to Tuesday mornings! Not sure how this is going to work out with track workouts though, we shall see.

Tuesday 3/15: 1 hour strength + 2.75 warm up, 2 x [4 x 400m/2:00]/400m, 2.75 cool down = 8.5

This workout was definitely harder after lifting heavy in the morning. 400m times were still in line with what I was running 2015-2016, but my legs felt a bit heavier & not as snappy as they have been.

    Wednesday 3/16: 8 easy. Feeling pretty tired & fingers crossed I'd pep up by Sunday.

      Thursday 3/17: 3 easy + 1 hour strength. Still super tired legs!

        Friday 3/18: Rest day + celebrate a good friend's birthday -- at this point just trying to rest up for Sunday.

        Happy Birthday Greg!

          Saturday 3/19: 3 mile shakeout run. Still tired, but legs moving okay.

          Sunday 3/20: 2 warm up + 13.1 race!

          I ran 1 mile first thing when I got up to get the blood pumping, then another mile when I got to Oakland before the race. I'd been hoping to get 3 in but there just wasn't time. Ah well!

          No comments:

          Post a Comment