This weekend our Alliterative Dinner Club did our long-awaited x dinner. I made dessert, which was x-presso & xocolatl pot de creme with whipped xylocarp (coconut) cream. It did not suck.
We also made x-rated x-mas cookies, which I am too classy to post here. Use your imagination. But here is a non-x-rated one that's kind of cute.
Grant Total: 27.75
- * 23 easy
* 1.65 speed/threshold
* 3.1 race
Monday 11/19: 2 miles easy, 2 x 800m @ 7:08 pace = 3.15 total
- Mondays are usually rest days, but I was just starting to get over being sick and had barely been running before that & wanted to do something short & quick just to see how my legs felt, particularly the PF in my left foot which has been a hot mess. However, this was still in the middle of all the awful smoke & terrible air in SF, so I had to do it on the gym treadmill. It felt good, even the two fast 800s, so that was encouraging.
Tuesday 11/20: 6 easy + 1 @ 7:30 pace = 7 total
- Also on the gym treadmill. I was actually surprised that this felt as good as it did.
Wednesday 11/21: 2 easy.
- Finally, RAIN! I woke up at 6am to the sounds of a downpour which was music to my ears. By the afternoon the air was clean and the sky was blue again, so I did my pre-Turkey shakeout run outside and it was glorious.
Thursday 11/22: 2 warm up + 3.1 race
- Oakland Turkey Trot! Also did not suck.
Friday 11/23: Rest
Saturday 11/24: Rest
Sunday 11/25: 10 easy
- This run was mostly pretty good (& the farthest I've gone in a while). The only bad thing was that I think I probably should have worn more supportive shoes. I like my Altras (in spite of how hideous they are) but 10 miles is probably a bit too far for me to go in them right now, especially with the foot problems I've been having.
The last thing I have on the calendar for 2018 is Silicon Valley Santa Run ~3 weeks from now. It would be awesome to beat my Oakland Turkey Trot time of 21:46 & keep improving my speed, but we'll see what the day brings.