Other interesting things about me:
- I am a Sho-dan (1st degree black belt) in Isshin-ryu karate, a Japanese style of martial arts that emphasizes fast, efficient movements and using your body to direct force in useful ways.
- I love wine, beer, spirits, & making cocktails.
- I taught high school & middle school math for 8 years & now work in educational research.
- I LOVE math. Like, *so* much. (Some people do crosswords or Sudoku when they have time to kill; I do group theory.)
- When I can't run, I bake cookies & force them on others.
- I also have a music degree & back in the day was a composer, singer, & none-too-shabby pianist.
- I played polo for Stanford for four years & still love to occasionally jump on a pony when I have the time.
- I LOVE to ski, even though I usually only get to do it a few times a year.
- I live in San Francisco with my wonderful non-running boyfriend, who I met at karate. When we are not kicking ass, we can usually be found eating our way through San Francisco, sipping painfully delicious wine, or engaging in mixology experiments various & sundry.