Monday, July 4, 2011

Week In Review: June 26 - July 2

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

So, I spent most of this week in Chicago for a wedding (and also general eating/drinking/sight-seeing/etc.), and it turns out that my running ambitions, humble though they were, ended up being a tad optimistic. I'd hoped to get in a few treadmill runs, but on day two of multiple hours of sightseeing on foot, I started having some disturbingly intense throbbing pains in my right tibia. By the end of the day I was limping pretty impressively (and, ok, whimpering a bit), so I figured this was maybe one of those body-trying-to-tell-you-something kind of situations and that maybe a few days off (by which I mean many, many miles of walking) was not the worst idea anyone ever had. Another runner friend also in town and I had actually been toying with the idea of a lake-front run on Saturday morning, but due to many hours of merriment and revelry the night before, that didn't happen either, and again, maybe for the best. So here is my one workout summary for this week:

Dinner at Capital GrilleMonday: 4 miles easy. Knowing we were flying out that afternoon and I wouldn't have time later, I actually got up early to run, which almost never happens. Still way more shin splint pain that I feel I should have to tolerate, and way too much feeling like a couch potato with emphysema. (I'd like to point out that my 3rd place performance at the Pride Run last Saturday was flanked on either side by such runs. My body is weird sometimes.)

Grand Total: 4 miles

Eh. Whatever. While single-digit mileage wasn't exactly ideal, this was probably a week that was better under-done than over-done. Hopefully my tibs and cardiovascular system (?) will be better for the rest next week. On the other hand, it was a super-fun trip and I had an awesome week of delicious food & drinks otherwise, so complaining is not really warranted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment