Thursday, September 15, 2022

Revvin' that marathon engine

Whew, okay, so now you know I've got a marathon in the chamber! And we can start labeling training logs appropriately. 

After that shit show of a (not-) 10K, I was pretty excited to move on to marathon training. I was looking forward to having a nice strong 10K time to boost my confidence, but alas we can't always get what we want. I am happy to report that Week 1 was a pretty solid first week of training, with 42+ miles and the longest run I've done since Big Sur Marathon in May 2018.

 

 ~*~*~ CIM Week 1 of  15 ~*~*~

Grand Total: 42.3 miles

    * 17.9 easy
    * 8.4 tempo/threshold
    * 16 long

Monday 8/22: Rest

Tuesday 8/23: 1 hour strength + 4 easy.

Wednesday 8/24: 3 warm up, 5 steady state, 2 cool down = 10 total. I misread or misremembered this workout so I probably did the 5 workout miles a bit too fast; in my mind it was half marathon effort, but re-reading it was anywhere between half marathon and marathon effort which covers a lot more ground! It wasn't that bad, though, so 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Thursday 8/25: 6 easy

Friday 8/26: Rest.

Saturday 8/27: 1.5 easy, 3.4 tempo-ish, 1.4 easy = 6.3 total. This was supposed to be a ~4 mile easy day, but my running club was trying to pull together two full women's teams for a XC race in Santa Rosa Saturday, so I went up and ran just fast enough to keep the pack and sight and not get lost. Not exactly an "easy" day, but it was fun to hang out with the WVTC ladies and get some brunch after. :)

Once again: If I look like I'm still a bit dazed and/or wrecked, it's because this photo was taken like one minute after I finished 😂

Sunday 8/28: 16 long. Honestly I was expecting to feel pretty tired for this run considering I'd gotten up at 5:30 am the day before and run both more and harder than I was supposed to. But actually I felt great! This was the best I've felt in a long run in a really long time, AND ALSO the first time I've run 16 miles since Big Sur Marathon in 2018. I will take it!

I spent Week 2 (last week) in the UK for work, so that was kind of a bust. BUT I have some nice photos for you, so keep an eye out!


No comments:

Post a Comment