Monday, May 27, 2019

Cut-back (ish) Week

On paper this was a cut-back week, though since last week's 46 miles became 40, it didn't *exactly* work out that way. On the other hand I did have a shorter, easier track workout and no real long run.

Not that I've really done anything truly big lately, but this was my last "big-ISH" week before tapering for Statuto 8K next Sunday, and I'm pretty happy that I've been able to run 40+ miles for four weeks in a row leading up to this race. You never know what will happen but I'm feeling pretty excited to go into a race feeling like I did *some* kind of real training (the first time that's happened in several months).

~*~*~ WHARF 2 WHARF: Week 4 of 13 ~*~*~

Grand Total: 41 miles

    * 32.6 easy
    * 3 speed
    * 5.4 threshold

Monday 5/20: a.m. strength / p.m. 6 easy

    Tired legs from Sunday's long run, but not a bad run.

Tuesday 5/21: 1.5 warm up, 2 x 400m @ 10K pace, 400m jog, 2 x 400m @ 5K pace, 400m jog, 2 x 400m @ 3K pace, 400m, 2 x 400m @ mile race pace, 1.5 cool down = 6 speed

Wednesday 5/22: a.m. strength / p.m. karate

    Ugh, this day was a total bust, just like last Wednesday. Well. Slightly better than last Wednesday in that I worked from home instead of taking a sick day. But I slept for 10 hours and felt exhausted when I finally got up. It made sense to me last week because it was a longer track workout, but this was sort of odd.

Thursday 5/23: 8 easy

Friday 5/24: 3 warm up, 4 x 2K @ HM pace / 1:15 jog, 1.6 cool down = 10 threshold

    Ugh, hard. The first interval was into the wind and my pace just kept getting slower and slower according to my watch, until I was going slower than marathon pace and just considering canning the workout altogether. But it got a little easier, and the last three intervals were fine. (Don't get me wrong, still hard, *real* hard, but doable and at the right pace.)

Saturday 5/25: Rest

Sunday 5/26: 11 easy

    I had to get up early to get this one done before our annual Memorial Day Weekend pig roast. My legs felt pretty tired (still not totally sure why?) but it went by pretty quickly, and I mostly missed the forecasted rain, which was nice.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment