Grand Total: 38 miles
- * 22 easy
* 16 goal marathon pace
Monday: Strength work.
- No karate as I was stuck at home
Tuesday: 2 wu, 6 GMP, 2cd = 10 total
- This run was damn well happening if I had to murder someone. I was still clearly not 100% yet (a touch of wheezing, & heart rates a bit higher than they should be), but it was not awful and I mostly hit the right paces.
Wednesday: a.m. strength work / p.m. karate
- After 4.5 months of learning to negotiate life with a newborn, our Fearless Leader returned to karate on Wednesday night, and it was awesome.
Thursday: 8 easy
- I tried to get up for a third strength session this week & totally failed. (I blame it on being exhausted from moving crap.) But, my eight easy miles felt pretty good. Like, better than easy runs have felt since before the holidays. I think I am actually almost legitimately over being sick.
Friday: 8 easy
- Another failed morning strength session. BUT, another pretty good easy run. It started out kind of not great/not awful, but by the halfway point it actually started to feel pretty good. (Except, I have been wear testing these GOD AWFUL shoes and even after only 40 miles or so, I am sooooo over them.)
Rest hahahaha no, grab a box bitch!
- I sort of wanted to run Saturday, but I didn't feel great and we had more moving stuff to do and I was afraid I might screw up Sunday's race if I overdid it.
Sunday: 2 easy / 10 race/GMP
- I was surprised at how good I felt after this race and really, honestly could have and should have put in a few more miles since I wasn't doing a true long run this weekend. But our movers were coming for the big stuff at 8am Monday morning, so we spent all day frantically finishing up everything that had to be done in order for that to happen. (Which, in retrospect, was not the greatest way to follow up my hardest workout since July. By Monday night, my legs were epically, utterly trashed. I will be soooo glad when all this moving business is over with.)
If I have to look at even one more cardboard box I might actually spork my eyes out.
I honestly, truly, cannot even.