This post was almost sponsored because they did offer me a free entry, and I might have accepted it except that I will be gallivanting around the Willamette Valley that weekend. (Sorry, wine trumps fro yo.) BUT, what means is that you yes YOU could win that free entry for yourself.
I will now enumerate the many virtues of The FroYo 5K/10K.
- Professionally chip timed
- Flat, paved out-and-back course along the Embarcadero/around AT&T Park
- No one shooting colored crap at you
- Occurs during daylight hours
- Did I mention the frozen yogurt at the end?
- It's San Francisco at 8:30am so it won't actually be hot.
- No one throwing fro yo at you during the race, in case you were worried
- Sweet goody bag [disclaimer: I have not personally evaluated said goody bag, I just assume no moral, upstanding person would ever lie about such a thing. Also I hear stylish sunglasses, a premium mesh running hat, & a snazzy gear bag *may* be involved.]
- Fro Yo-themed medal (SERIOUSLY HOW CAN YOU PASS THIS UP????)
- Something called "The Fro Zone" ["75 ft revitalizing misting tunnel in the finish chute. Complete with music and cheering fans, it’s guaranteed to kick-start your motivation & fuel your finishing sprint."*
This *may* or *may not* be The FroZone????
LOOK HOW HAPPY THEY ARE
*Note Fro Yo Zone optional]
- There is a $5 coupon.
- 4 pack discount available ($35 per person vs. $55. It was $42 until 8/19 but I didn't get this email until 8/18, soooo....). You don't even have to know who the 4 people are! MAKE A FRIEND!
- Entrees are transferable (works like an event ticket)
- 15% goes to the American Lung Association
- DID I MENTION THE FRO YO???
UPDATE I double checked and this is TOTALLY THE FRO ZONE
If you yes YOU believe you may be equal to the epic challenge that is the The Fro Yo Run and would like a free entry, leave a comment by next Sunday (8/23). You could tell me your favorite kind of fro yo or, I dunno, just be like, "HEY I WANT A FREE ENTRY". I'll randomly choose a winner & announce it on Monday or Tuesday.
MAY THE ODDS (and fro yo) BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.