Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week in Review: Aug 20 - 26

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

This post is really just for record keeping purposes. I think I've pretty much said all there is to say about this week elsewhere. Nothing much to see here...

Grand Total: 26

    * 8.4 easy
    * 3 HM pace
    * 1.5 speed/intervals
    * 13.1 race

Tuesday: 2 wu + 6 x (400m @ 10K pace + 400m jog) + 1 easy. Lots of pain in the feet. These 10K pace repeats had me wondering how on earth I'd raced at this pace (faster, even) for six miles just two and a half weeks before. I felt terrible.

Thursday: 2 wu + 3 @ HM pace + 1 easy. This sucked as well. I ran my first "HM pace" mile in 7:50 and wanted to die. At that point, I seriously considered giving away my bib for Santa Rosa. The other two were easier, though, so I begrudgingly decided to stick with it & just do whatever I could.

I'd planned to run a few shake-out miles on either Friday or Saturday, but given how terrible & exhausted I'd felt this week & how bad my feet had been hurting, I decided that more miles, any amount, really, could only do harm at this point & I was better off resting & doing myself the favor of at least going into this thing with fresh legs.

Sunday: .9 wu + 13.1 race = 14. Santa Rosa Half Marathon. It was what it was.

(Again, sorry this is such a lame post. Just wanted to get the numbers & some notes down. I promise to be more scintillating next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment