Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week in Review: Mar. 19 - 25

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

Oakland Half Marathon Race Week!!

Grand Total: ~28

* 13 easy
* 1.5 speed
* 13.34 race

Tuesday: 2 wu + 6 x 400m @ 5K pace + 2 easy = 5.5. These 400s were more drills than a real workout; I mainly just focused on form & turnover. A nice, easy track work out to gradually help me transition back into my training schedule.

Thursday: 8.5 easy. I skipped my scheduled 4 easy miles on Wednesday because my Achilles/calves were sore (not injury-pain like before; just soreness from the fast 400s) & I didn't want to chance anything. Really, Thursday was supposed to be 2 wu + 3 @ HM pace, but there was a plan to meet for some easy miles at the Ferry Building, so I ditched my schedule. This was the farthest I've run since the horrible aborted long run weekend before last and I felt great. So you know. Progress. :)

(Photo credit: Courtney Pancakes)

Friday: I'd originally planned to do a couple of easy miles & a couple of HM pace 400 pickups, but I woke up Friday morning with tweaky hip flexors, did a little risk analysis & decided resting up was a smarter plan.

Sunday: Oakland, baby! .5 wu + 13.34(ish) race = 13.84. I hadn't decided just exactly how all-out I wanted to try to run this what with the recent aches & pains, rumored long course, & rain in the forecast, but I figured I had a good chance at a PR if I felt even remotely good. You can read all about it here, if you haven't already. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great week for you! When is your next race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, a small local 5K on 5/6 & then another half on 5/20. Also hoping I get my weekly mileage back up between now & then! :)

      Delete