Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week In Review: May 15 - 21

Running ShoesThis is my weekly training journal. Including it in the blog gives me a little extra accountability in the mileage department & helps me stick to my schedule. :)

Well, I didn't get raptured yesterday, but I did complete my first 20+ mile week since training for the Santa Cruz 10K in April, which seems just as good.

Sunday: 7 miles easy. This was a particularly amusing run as it occurred around 2 pm through the panhandle & Golden Gate Park the day of Bay to Breakers. I'm always amused by all the costumed revelers reminding me that "the race was this morning" and exhorting me to "keep running! You're almost there!" Actually, running B2B is on my to-do list, but not until I'm fast enough for the seeded division (probably).

Tuesday: 10 minute warm up, 25 minute tempo run, 10 minute cool down (for a total of about 5.2 miles). For some reason this run felt a lot tougher than it should have, even the 10 minutes of easy jogging at the end. Just one of those less-than-stellar-feeling days.

Thursday: 2 miles easy, 2 miles at 10K pace, 2 miles easy. Not really feeling the two fast miles today, probably because I was too lazy to actually drive to the track and ended up running on concrete again, and my joints were like, really?

Saturday: 3 miles easy, 3 miles at 10K pace. This time I actually did drive to the track, only to find that it was closed due to a soccer game. Fortunately, they do have the .4-mile concrete track on the upper level, which was better than running through the park, but my joints were really, really looking forward to the track. On the bright side, I had a great run except for a weird occasional twinge in my right Achilles tendon, which was freaking me out a little bit. On the not-so-bright side, my left hip is aching something fierce this morning.

Grand Total: 24.2 miles

Next week -- similar stuff, plus a couple of miles of track intervals, hopefully. I'll be out of town Friday through Monday, so it'll be interesting to see what I can get in on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment